Who is Aquinas?
- We are a family of schools that deliver Life-Transforming-Learning.
- Big enough to support but small enough to care, plus we have a proven track record of turning sponsored schools around.
- In our schools, every learner flourishes, regardless of their background or starting point.
- We believe every community deserves an effective school, and bring the diligence and security to make that happen.
- Our schools all have their own identity based around the communities they serve, but also benefit from the opportunities we bring as a Trust.
- Many of our schools are Church of England schools, and the Trust is founded on Christian values. To us that means celebrating individuals, embracing differences and welcoming staff and children of all cultures and of all religions (or none).
- We recognise the importance of diversity and talent, where differences are valued and enhanced whilst delivering equity of opportunity as part of our inclusive culture.
- We care about and educate the whole child, combining an excellent education with a firm moral grounding so our learners can give back to their communities.
Equality at Aquinas
Aquinas is committed to the promotion of equality throughout the Trust so that all individuals have equality of opportunity and do not suffer any discrimination, directly or indirectly. In accordance with the Public Sector Equality Duty, as embodied by the Equality Act 2010 (the Act), Aquinas is committed to:
- Eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act;
- Advancing equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not;
- Fostering good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
Aquinas has an Equality Policy and a single equality scheme and statement which reflect the aims of the Act followed by all academies within the Trust.
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
Our equality, diversity and inclusion strategy identifies key aspects of our work which together allow us to take a holistic approach to promoting equality, improving diversity and maximising inclusion.
Our three-year strategy, entitled ‘Valuing All’, gives rise to an annual action plan which is regularly reviewed.
As an employer
We strive to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to diversity amongst our workforce. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from underrepresented or disadvantaged groups (including, for example, women, people of colour, disabled candidates and LGBTQ+ candidates). We are happy to make reasonable adjustments to enable disabled candidates to demonstrate their suitability for a role and to consider flexible working in appropriate cases.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Equality Diversity and Inclusion Inclusive Language Guide
- Equality Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2022 2024
- Equality Equity Diversity and Inclusion Policy
Further information can be found here